Natural remedies to cure a hangover – We all know that there is no foolproof way of curing the hangover. But when it comes to Natural remedies we have many remedies to go with in order to cure the hangover.
The hangover is the state in which the person experiences the consequences of drinking alcohol, the next day. As such there is no cure, but people can try many remedies to get rid of the symptoms. A hangover is caused by drinking alcohol and not only this dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, but poor sleep and inflammation are also some of the consequences of drinking alcohol. Hangover severity depends on how much alcohol a person has consumed and how much sleep they have had. It’s near to impossible to make a guess what amount of alcohol can lead to a hangover.
“Hangover vanishes in 24 hours”
In most of the cases, it has been seen that the hangover itself gets vanished after 24 hours.
Can Hangover be cured?
The hangover has no absolute cure, whereas people can reduce its symptoms by trying various remedies and injecting some changes in their daily schedule.
There are some ways through which hangover symptoms can be reduced. Let us staircase them one by one.
- Drinking water: In case of a hangover it is very crucial to hydrate the body. So it is advised to eat enough water to prevent dehydration because consuming alcohol makes a person urinate more frequently.
- Eating nutritious foods: Healthy foods helps in supplying the required nutrients, antioxidants which can help in recovery.
- Eating bland foods: Sometimes hangover involves stomach trouble and in order to treat that bald food such as bread should be preferred.
- Eating fruits: Fruits contain fructose that helps in breaking down the alcohol.
- Proper rest: A healthy resting schedule can also help in reducing the effect of alcohol.
- Proper Medication: Medications such as antacids, NSAID’s and some pain relief medications can help in getting relief from the Hangover symptoms.
It is imperative to know that in order to avoid the pain effects caused by the hangover we must not go for the pain relief medicines or any drugs as these contain acetaminophen that can strain liver like alcohol does. So it’s good to not combine the two.
Home remedies through which hangover can be cured are:
- A good amount of water intake: In order to minimize the effect of the hangover should be taken.
- Eating breakfast: Eating breakfast can help in regulating the sugar level of the body hence minimizing the hangover effect.
- Taking antioxidants: A person must prefer foods that having rich antioxidant content as it reduces the ill-effects of alcohol. Sources such as berries, carrots, ginger, dark chocolate etc are good in antioxidants.
- Drinking coffee and tea: The Fatigue feeling caused as a hangover consequence can be cured by drinking coffee and tea as they act as a stimulant and helps in relieving the feeling of fatigue caused by hangover.
- Apple cider vinegar: Taking 1 or 2 ounces of apple cider vinegar diluted with 6 to 8 ounces of warm water in the morning can help in stabilizing the blood sugar levels which can really be shaky after the drinking night.
- Green tea: Headache symptoms of a hangover can be minimized by intake of green take that contains caffeine. You can also use green tea along with apple cider instead of water in order to avail the benefits of both.
- Beet juice: Beet juice can definitely be added in your list if you are trying to recover from the overthinking symptom of a hangover.
- Green juice: Green juice is also very effective in neutralizing our body’s acidity after the drinking night because of their alkaline nature.
- Vitamin B intake: Consuming alcohol can lead to loss of vitamin b from the body hence it is advisable to take vitamin B supplements in order to avoid vitamin loss.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of proteins and carbohydrates that helps in maintaining the sugar level in the body.
- Protein shake: Smoothie made with unsweetened almond milk, fresh or frozen fruit can also help in recovering from the hangover effects.
These all are the homemade recipes that can help you recover from The Hangover.
“Keep your body moving”
One of the best ways of reducing the symptoms of Hangover is to keep your body moving. It’s a lot necessary to keep exercising. For instance, a “brisk walk” can also help in increasing circulation and hence bringing more oxygen and blood to muscles which offsets the hangover symptoms like achy muscles and headaches.
Lastly, “Avoiding drinking is the only cure for the hangover” as the less you will drink the lesser you will experience the hangover symptoms. But when we overdo it the only way to get rid of it is by giving a try home remedy that can help in reducing the dreadfulness of the day after dinking.